-
August 8th, 2001, 04:34 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Alex,
<no sarcasm now>
I'm going to be in L.A. next week for work and play. And I'm not bringing my Rex-3! Any chance we can meet up and check out some of your award-winning films? I haven't done that much S-8 and would like to see some stuff that is well done.
Bob
-
August 8th, 2001, 05:00 PM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
Well, now that the films will be under such scrutiny, that's the perfect environment to show one's films.
A director who got a major feature gig from a 35mm 10 minute short they made 3 years ago....doesn't like to show it anymore.
But hey, as long as your in the right frame of mind, why not.
Meaning don't expect actors in the films, as the films are experimental in nature.
-Alex
[This message has been edited by Alex (edited August 08, 2001).]
-
August 8th, 2001, 05:03 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Confused. No actors?
What kind of films are they? Travelogues?
can't wait!
-
August 8th, 2001, 05:29 PM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
I should be so lucky!
-Alex
-
August 8th, 2001, 09:13 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Holy cow!
I read this nonsense and just could NOT resist stopping in. Let me get this straight, Alex: After all your badmouthing about other people, after all the blatant conceit, after all the endless diabtribes about how everyone else, expecially me, is wrong and you are right, after all the persistent emphasis on how my experience means nothing because it isn't the same as yours, after all your claims of having over 20 years experience as a film maker..... NONE of your films have any actors in them?
Again: In the last 20 years you have made NO films with actors in them?
If I'm not mistaken, in another topic about sound, you implied that you had actors drop out before looping was completed. Yet, now you claim that you don't have any films to show Bolex Bob with actors in them?
Ooops!
More to the point, how could you POSSIBLY challenge production issues on a $3,000 commercial in ANY format if you have never worked with talent in 20 years?
Roger
-
August 8th, 2001, 09:19 PM
#6
Inactive Member
MovieStuff>
While I admire your incredulity, you really oughtta forget about Alex. Let the guy ramble on about this and that. All we need is persistent bickering because of some braggadocio-inspired posts in a flame war.
So what if Alex is a loon? He's a regular contributor, and despite his off-the-wall arguments on piddly topics, he's pretty harmless. I think I've seen a few bits of good advice out of him, too.
Marc S.
-
August 8th, 2001, 09:21 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Besides... he implied that none of the "Award-winning" films (or ones that he would screen) have actors in them.
Marc S.
-
August 8th, 2001, 09:30 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.
He mentioned "experimental films."
Probably abstract stuff like candles burning on cows; water drying up in dams, clouds flying through the sky...you know, award winning stuff that you could never hope to make, Roger.
You sound jealous.
[This message has been edited by chas_ucla (edited August 08, 2001).]
-
August 8th, 2001, 10:04 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Well, his films may very well be quite good. That really isn't the issue. The issue is about a potential lack of his own experience while criticizing others for sharing theirs. Understandably, after enduring Alex's non-stop attempts to "talk the talk" I am interested (as I'm sure we all are) to see if he can "walk the walk".
Who knows? Considering his current obsession, maybe he made a film about me?
Roger
-
August 8th, 2001, 10:16 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Strange. No response from Alex.
How unreal.
Maybe he had to run to the pharmacy to pick up his anti-depressants.
Or maybe he is running out of town because he wants to avoid Bolex Bob at all costs!
Go Bob, go!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks